Autodesk Inventor: Inventor is a computer aided design application for 3D mechanical design, simulation, visualization, and documentation. It was developed by Autodesk Company in the year September 20, 1999. It allows 2D and 3D data integration in a single environment, creating a virtual representation of the final product that enables users to validate the form, fit, and function of the product before it is built.
It includes parametric, direct edit, and freeform modeling tools as well as multi-CAD translation capabilities and in their standard DWG drawings. Latest version of Inventor software is Autodesk LT 2021, and Autodesk professional 2021, which came to market on 19 January 2021.
Course Objective: This course will cover parametric and direct modelling. The main objective of this course is to make students and corporate professionals proficient enough in CAD/CAE using Autodesk Inventor. The content of Inventor which we are providing here are, Sketching, Part design, Assembling, Drafting and detailing, sheet metal, surface modelling and GD&T standards with respect to manufacturing details. Inventor is equipped with all the capabilities that are required for completing a product design.
• Autodesk Inventor User Interface
• 2D sketching
• 3D sketching
• Parametric part modeling
• Creating Work Features
• Editing Features
• Advanced Modeling Tools
• Creating I-part, I- Feature , I-logic
• Assembling Design
• Bottom –Up Assembly
• Top – Down Assembly
• Creating Adaptive ,Flexible components
• Creating level of details Representation
• Understanding simplified Assemblies
• Using shrink wrap
• Creating skeleton modeling
• Sheet metal Design
• Surface Modeling
• Drafting & Detailing
• Freeform Modeling
• Inventor Studio
Learning Outcome: By using Autodesk Inventor students can able to do sketching, Part design, Assembling, Drafting and detailing, sheet metal, surface modelling and GD&T standards with respect to manufacturing details.
• Students will know about Inventor concepts
• Students will be able to use the Inventor interface
• Students will be able to read blue print drawings/Machine component drawings
• Students will be able to create any complicated geometry in sketcher workbench of Inventor
• Students will be able to convert the 2d drawings to 3d models using part modeling in Inventor
• Students will be able to modify the pre-created components using modify commands in Inventor
• Students will be able to create 3d models using parametric modeling as well as direct modeling
• Students will be able to convert non-parametric components to parametric components in Inventor
• Students will be able to design plastic components and sheet metal components in Inventor
• Students will be able to design components by using Reverse Engineering method in Inventor
• Students will be able to design casting and molding design in Inventor
• Students will be able to perform Assembly design by joining different machine components using constraints in Inventor
• Students will be able to perform Assembly design using Top-down approach and Bottom-up approach in Inventor
• Students will be able to make perfect mechanism for their model after doing assembly in Inventor
• Students will be able to make complex shapes of Automotive components using surfacing module in Inventor
• Students will be able to do inspection of the components whether it get design according to requirement or not in Inventor
• Students can create drafting and detailing of 3d models for production processes.
• Students will be able to provide proper dimensions and tolerances value to the component in Inventor
• Students will be able to use GD&T concept like Rules and Regulations of it under Inventor.
Latest Updates: New Release—Autodesk Inventor LT 2021, and Autodesk Inventor professional. As part of Autodesk they committed to deliver new designs more frequently, this version adds great new functionality to improve efficiency for engineers around the world and has resolved numerous issues that have been reported and thus highly recommend that you look to adopt this version and improve your working experience.
The principal developments and enhancements that are delivered in this new version of Inventor are:
• Inventor eliminates the interruptions that prevent you from making progress. Complex geometry is created the way you think…without having to devise workarounds. The command you need shows up right at your cursor, right when you need it. And you can easily make changes without having to hunt for the right feature or fight with existing geometry and constraints.
• Assembly modeling combines the strategies of placing existing components in an assembly, and creating other components in place within the context of the assembly. In a typical modeling process, some component designs are known and some standard components are used. Create the designs to meet specific objectives.
• We can quickly create clear, accurate, and detailed drawings for manufacturing in this version.
Design is the heart of any process, an idea that begins in the mind of an engineer is then translated onto a paper and from there it is fed into software, a long taxing process at the end of which something brand new is brought forth into the world.
Great new functionality to improve efficiency for engineers around the world and has resolved numerous issues that have been reported and thus highly recommend that you look to adopt Inventor to improve your working experience
After learning Inventor, will get opportunities to work in automotive, production companies
Frequently Asked Questions:
1. I can't decide if Inventor suits me? What do I do now?
Simple! Just call your nearest CANTER CADD outlet or send us an online inquiry through our website. Our counselor will get in touch with you and offer technical advice and guidance on choosing the right courses for your needs.
2. Is there any job related to Mechanical Engineering software, like AutoCAD or Inventor?
Inventor is widely used by Mechanical engineers and is a pre-requisite in almost all Mechanical engineering related industries. Knowing Autodesk Inventor is definitely an advantage if you are looking for such jobs. Most of the jobs require knowledge of Inventor.
3. Is Inventor popular in the Mechanical Engineering industry?
Inventor is extremely versatile and ideal for any kind of modeling designs. The modeling can take care of any design like mold design, casting design, sheet metal design etc.
4. What should we know before learning Inventor?
As the name says, this tool is for Modeling and design components. So before learning Inventor, you require the fundamentals of machine drawing and angle of projections. This is only helping tool which makes your life easier with making models or components. For that, one has to make a component in Inventor, and has to give input to the program.
5. What is the best way to learn Inventor?
CANTER CADD provides comprehensive and industry specific training for many mechanical CAD/CAE software including Inventor. Visit or call your nearest Canter CADD outlet and speak with our counselor who will be able to guide you properly. Our trainers are all experienced in using the software and also imparting quality training to students.