The Ansys workbench platform is a backbone for delivering a comprehensive and integrated simulation system. Using workbench for your product development simulations will results in higher productivity from integrated applications and access to multiphysics and systems level capabilities. Ansys Inc. is the company who developed Ansys workbench software. It is the American company based in Canonsburg, Pennsylvania. It was founded in 1970 by John Swanson. Stable release of Ansys workbench 2021 R1 on 26 January, 2021.
Ansys develops and markets engineering simulation software for use across the product life cycle. Ansys Mechanical finite element analysis software is used to simulate computer models of structures, electronics, or machine components for analyzing strength, toughness, elasticity, temperature distribution, electromagnetism, fluid flow, and other attributes. Ansys is used to determine how a product will function with different specifications, without building test products or conducting crash tests. For example, Ansys software may simulate how a bridge will hold up after years of traffic, how to best process salmon in a cannery to reduce waste, or how to design a slide that uses less material without sacrificing safety. Most Ansys simulations are performed using Ansys workbench, which is one of the company’s main product.
This course will cover all the concept of Finite Element Analysis. The main objective of this course is to make student and corporate professionals proficient enough in CAE using Ansys workbench. The content of Ansys workbench which we are providing here are Static Structural, Modal Analysis, Harmonic response, Buckling Analysis, Explicit Dynamics, Thermal Analysis, Rigid body dynamics. Ansys is equipped with all the capabilities that are required for completing a product design.
Static Structural: A Static analysis calculates the effects of steady loading conditions on a structure, while ignoring inertia and damping effects, such as those caused by time-varying loads. It is used to determine the displacements, stresses, strains, forces in structures or components caused by loads that do not induce significant inertia and damping effects.
Transient Structural: it involves loads that are a function of time. In mechanical application, you can perform a transient analysis on either a flexible structure or a rigid assembly. It can be either linear or non-linear.
Modal Analysis: it is used to determine the vibration characteristics like natural frequency and mode shapes of a structure or a machine component while it is being designed
Steady-State Thermal Analysis: It can be used to determine the temperature distributions in an object with thermal loads that do not vary with time. It includes Conduction, Convection, and Radiation. Most thermal analysis are steady-state thermal analysis.
Transient Thermal Analysis: It determine temperature and other thermal quantities that vary over time. The variation of temperature distribution over time is of interest in many applications such as with cooling of electronic packages or a quenching analysis for heat treatment.
Explicit Dynamics: It enables to capture the physics of short duration events for products that undergo higher non-linearity, transient dynamic force.
Harmonic Analysis: It is used to determine the steady state response of a linear structure to loads that are sinusoidal loads (harmonically) with time, thus enabling you to verify whether or not your designs will successfully overcome resonance, fatigue, and other harmful effects of forced vibrations.
Rigid Body Dynamics: it is the study of the motion of assemblies of bodies that do not deform, but instead move rigidly in 3D space. The free motion of bodies is restrained by joints.
• Introduction to CAE
• General procedure involved in FEA
• GUI of ANSYS Work bench
• Working on a project
• CAD modeling using ANSYS Workbench
• Defining and Assigning Materials
• Generating the mesh
• Optimizing the model to refine mesh
• Working with different boundary conditions
• Surface and line models
• Static structure analysis
• Model analysis
• Thermal analysis
• transient structural analysis
• Transient Thermal
• Rigid body dynamics
• Explicit dynamics
• Fluid flow analysis basic fundamentals
• Coupled field Analysis systems
• Students will know about Ansys concepts.
• Students will be able to use Ansys workbench graphical user interface.
• Students will be able to create components under Ansys workbench software using Design modeler and space claim geometry.
• Students will be able to perform geometry cleanups by deleting bad edges, fill surfaces, and toggle edges with tolerances on the components to refine the geometry, to create reasonable mesh, and to assign proper thickness.
• Students will be able to define and assign material on a required components
• Students will be able to generate mesh using automatic or manual approach to get proper mesh in given time.
• Students will be able to assign different boundary conditions on the components according to the requirement
• Students will be able to perform Static Structural Analysis, and Transient Structural Analysis
• Student will be able to perform modal analysis, thermal analysis, transient thermal analysis, rigid body dynamics, explicit dynamics, and fluid flow analysis
• Students will be able to read the result after performing above analysis
• Students will able to perform post processing after performing the required analysis
• Students will be able to make documentation of the project after performing the analysis
New Release—Ansys 2021 R1 delivers significant improvements in simulation technology together with nearly unlimited computing power to help engineers across all industries reimagine product design and achieve product development goals that were previously thought impossible. From small to mid-sized companies to global organizations, companies of every size seek new ways for pioneering breakthrough innovations that are safer and more reliable to win the race to market.
Ansys 2021 R1 helps engineering teams improve their decision-making earlier in the design process, enabling them to rapidly develop new products by avoiding costly mistakes that can negatively impact product quality and reliability. Leveraging improved workflows and leading-edge capabilities that span Ansys’ flagship suites, teams are tackling design challenges head on, eliminating the need to make costly workflow tradeoffs, developing next-generation innovations with increased speed, significantly enhancing productivity and delivering high-quality products to market faster than ever.
Career Opportunities: If you've ever seen a rocket launch, flown on an airplane, driven a car, used a computer, touched a mobile device, crossed a bridge or put on wearable technology, chances are you've used a product where Ansys software played a critical role in its creation. Ansys is the global leader in engineering simulation, helping highly innovative companies design products limited only by imagination. You will get an opportunity to work in any Automotive companies, Aerospace companies, Defense companies, Health care etc., Ansys is very much in demand where ever simulations came into account. Almost all companies related to above sectors using Ansys workbench for simulations.
1. I can't decide if Ansys workbench suits me? What do I do now?
Simple! Just call your nearest CANTER CADD outlet or send us an online inquiry through our website. Our counsellor will get in touch with you and offer technical advice and guidance on choosing the right course/s for your needs.
2. Is there any job related to Mechanical Engineering software, like AutoCAD or Ansys workbench?
Ansys workbench is widely used by Mechanical engineers and is a pre-requisite in almost all CAE related industries. Knowing Ansys workbench is definitely an advantage if you are looking for such jobs. Almost all CAE jobs require knowledge of Ansys workbench
3. Is Ansys workbench popular in the FEA industry?
Ansys workbench is extremely versatile and ideal for any kind of Finite Element Analysis. The modelling can take care of any structural profile (conventional and non-conventional), end conditions and loading. In case of both linear and non-linear materials.
4. What should we know before learning Ansys workbench?
As the name says, this tool is for finite element analysis and design. So before learning Ansys workbench, the fundamentals of structural analysis & design should be clear. This is only helping tool which makes your life easier with analysis & design. For that, one has to model a structure in Ansys workbench, and has to give input to the program.
5. What is the best way to learn Ansys workbench?
CANTER CADD provides comprehensive and industry specific training for many Civil CAD software including Ansys workbench. Visit or call your nearest Canter CADD outlet and speak with our counsellor who will be able to guide you properly. Our trainers are all experienced in using the software and also imparting quality training to students.