AutoCAD Electrical is used by electrical engineers for designing circuit drawings, electrical panels, Wiring System, Control Panels and Programmable logical Controllers I/O Designs. There are many other features which make this software popular among electrical engineers for designing.
Automatic update of parts lists and connection lists
Automatic wire numbering Support of electrical standards Intelligent copying Support of mounting correct drawing Signal references between pages Reference designations Automatic drawing of connecting lines Easy copying in and between projects References between symbols Automatically generated graphical cable and terminal plans Communication with plc i/o tools The ability to create and send ordering files automatically
In an Electrical CAD software the symbols in the diagrams can be intelligent. This means that they can contain an article number for the component they represent and even more important: the electrical connection points of the components can be identified and handled intelligent by the software.
Top Ten Reasons to use AutoCAD Electrical
1. Comprehensive symbol libraries
2. Automatic wire numbering and component tagging.
3. Automatic project reports.
4. Real-time error checking.
5. Real-time coil and contact cross-referencing.
6. Smart panel layout drawings.
7. Electrical-specific drafting features
8. Ability to create PLC I/O drawings from spreadsheets automatically
9. Ability to share drawings with customers and suppliers and track their changes