Role of STAAD Pro in Civil engineering
STAAD Pro is a software widely used in the field of Civil engineering. It has more flexible and advanced features than Auto CAD, being used in the construction industry. AutoCAD allows candidates to work on two-dimension models; however, STAAD Pro will let you work on three-dimensional models. It requires lesser manual calculation and thus, you can save time and energy.
Importance Of STAAD Pro in Civil engineering
In recent years, STAAD Pro has become an integral part of structural analysis & design solutions mainly using an exposed API called OpenSTAAD to access and drive the program with the help of Visual Basic macrosystem included in the application. Also, OpenSTAAD functionality is used in applications that themselves include suitable programmable macro systems.
Additionally, STAAD Pro also has added direct links to applications such as RAM Connection and STAAD Foundation. It provides help to engineers working with those applications that are handling design post-processing which is directly not handled by STAAD Pro itself.
STAAD Pro does schema analysis of the CIMsteel Integration Standard, version 2 commonly known as CIS/2, and used by a number modelling and analysis applications.
Purpose Of STAAD Pro In Civil engineering
With the help of STAAD Pro, civil engineers can easily analyze & design civil engineering structures such as buildings, bridges, dams, canals, sewage systems, plane and space trusses.
- STAAD Pro can generate loads such as wind, or earthquakes as per building codes of selected countries.
- STAAD Pro can be used to design steel and reinforced concrete buildings as per the codes of selected countries
- It can carry out linear elastic (static & dynamic), and nonlinear dynamic analysis
- It has a simple and easy-to-understand interface which makes learning quick for aspirants.
- At present, STAAD Pro is developed by Bentley Systems Inc. It was originally developed by Research Engineers Inc. in California.
- STAAD Pro was one of the earliest structural analysis and design software that was designed with user-friendly GUI and support for building codes of various nations such as India, the US, the UK, and other developed nations.